Saxophone Forum

by xBabysaxgirLx
(13 posts)
19 years ago

Please help me!

Hi I just started tenor sax about 5 months ago, using my jr. high's instument. The problem: I'm now going on to high school, and can no longer use my old tenor... worse...the only one they have at the high school is literally unplayable. Also, I'm 14 and have no money... I love playing tenor sooo much...what do I do?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Please help me!

ask the school if they can have the tenor refurbished so that it is playable. it seems as though they would some sort of maintenance schedule for the instruments. maybe you can afford to rent a horn from your local music store. i hope that someone sees this article who can donate a horn to you. best of luck to you!!!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Please help me!

You might be able to rent to buy a decent tenor sax through your school or local music store. I understand their are some programs too that can help with costs if you meet certain criteria. I would talk to your band director and see if he has any ideas. You may also talk to your school board about either having their tenor repaired, or purchasing a new tenor. The only other option would be to call some of the local music stores and see if any of them might have a used tenor that they would be willing to donate to the school. Perhaps they have a horn that they repaired that was never picked up or something. Good Luck! Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!