Saxophone Forum

by k7michal
(34 posts)
19 years ago

conn 10m, opinions please?

I'm looking to buy a conn 10M sn: N16732.... I tried looking up the number on the net but didn't get anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: conn 10m, opinions please?

That would be one of the later 10M's, made in 1970. Still, they were pretty good horns if it is in fact a 10M and not a 16M. The best 10M's are the naked lady models made from 1934-1959.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by TANGO SIX ONE
    (255 posts)

19 years ago

The knights Templar state Conn 10m is one of thre greatest saxophones ever made on planet earth.As long as its made at the proper factory and stamped 10m . A good rule of thumb if your not shure and its as connsaxmanjim says 1970. look at the rods and technology gone mad there are extra grub srews top side of posts. Word of caution they can be tempremental in tuning some better than others.You may have to look at different set up to suit.

Reply To Post

1. by Candyboy
      (77 posts)

19 years ago

Jim and Tango are right, go for an older 10M and you will be happy you did, the early ones with the rolled tone holes hold their value best but cost alot more. I own a real nice 10m serial 275xxx but I still take my 60M Pan Am when I'm serious about my playing. It sounds exactly the same in every way, but doesn't have fancy keys and extra weight that the 10M has. the Vandoren T111 mouthpiece works great with both horns and it's cheap. only thing better is a berg Larsen 95-1-M
      Doug Coffman

Reply To Post AIM