Saxophone Forum

by syrasax
(75 posts)
19 years ago

Rico Royal Graftonite MPC

I'm having a tough time finding these mpc's on-line for soprano. wwbw only has the B7 and Giardinelli has zero, ditto saxspot and saxpuppy. Anyone have any advice on where else to look?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Rico Royal Graftonite MPC

I tried one of those mpc on soprano and found it was a bit junky Dave

Reply To Post

1. by The_§ax
      (147 posts)

19 years ago

I don't really like the sound of the Rico Royals pieces, have you tried any other brands of mouthpiece before?

Reply To Post

1. by syrasax
        (75 posts)

19 years ago

I have not tried anything else on the soprano (Cannonball) which I just purchased. The mpc that came with it is fairly resistant when blowing so I'm looking to do some experimenting and the Rico Royal Graftonite gets some good nods on these posts and they're inexpensive. I can buy hald a dozen Rico's for the price of one Meyer, Dukoff etc.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

I haven't tried a Rico Royal Graftonite on soprano. I like the piece on tenor and baritone though. They're actually better than many pieces costing 5 times as much in my opinion. On Soprano, I use a Meyer 5M hard rubber piece, which sounds really good on my Keilwerth.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by syrasax
          (75 posts)

19 years ago

I use a Meyer 5 on my tenor which I like very much but one thing that I find with the Cannonball mpc is that it's tough to blow. I'm very new to the soprano so maybe this is what I should expect especially if I want to keep it in tune but do you think the Meyer 5 for soprano will be easier than the Cannonball? Perhaps not a fair question since there's really no way to compare facings sizes since the number system for mpc's aren't relative to each other but the CBall mpc I have is labeled a "7."

Reply To Post

3. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The facing is what really makes a difference. The CBall mouthpiece is probably more open at the tip. Try a softer reed with it, like a #2 and that should make a difference. I use a 2 1/2 with my Meyer.

Reply To Post Yahoo!