Saxophone Forum

by Renegade Saxman
(7 posts)
19 years ago

Help would be wonderful, ha

16, male, Nj - I know this will probably make everybody who reads this basically want to slap me but for tenor I currently play a Cannonball Big Bell Global Series,(i play a selmer mark vii for all the selmer players out there so you don't totally hate me) So i play a cannonball, I choose it because of overall sound quality and was astonished by how much more in tune they were then the Yamaha Customs. Anyway, the selmer stock mouthpeice sux balls and I definately need a new mouthpeice, but I'm having a hard time choosing which mouthpeice to get. My teacher sugested a hard rubber Jody Jazz mouthpeice, but i have always wanted a metal mouthpeice for the sax. What are some mouthpeices that would be worthwhile looking at metal or rubber, what ligature should a get to go with it aswell. Thanks to all who respond

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Renegade Saxman
    (7 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Help would be wonderful, ha

sorry I need to add a correction, in the 6th line I ment to say the Cannonball's stock mouthpeice sucks balls

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Help would be wonderful, ha

I've been using a Jody Jazz HR with a 115 tip opening and it kicks butt! It sounds hard rubber, but you can push it and get some good edge and balls (not the suckin' kind) . I also have used Links and a Berg (110/2) to good effect. The tone of each is unique, so try a few out and see what you dig. P.S. Don't need to apologize for playing a Cannonball- whatever you can make YOUR music on is just fine!

Reply To Post