Saxophone Forum

by Saxgirlsmom
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Schill Saxophones

I have read many posts regarding the cheapness of a Schill Saxophone. I am the mother of an 11 girl who thinks she wants to play the saxophone. The company that the school goes through charges $450.00 to rent a horn for the year. As you all know, ebay sells these Schill saxs for about $250.00. I'm really thinking about getting her one of these because even if she decides after the year is over that she doesn't want to play anymore, I will only be out half the money. Given these circumstances do you think it will be an alright horn for a 6th grader for a year? Please let me know what you think

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Schill Saxophones

I wouldn't recommend it. I can appreciate you wanting to save some money and I understand your idea here Saxgirl's mom, but the Schill saxophones are very poor quality, and do not play very well at all. I think the saxophone would would do more to discourage her from playing because of the poor quality. You don't have to spend top dollar for a SelmerSeries III, but a good student model Yamaha or a Keilwerth ST-90 would be a good horn.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Saxgirlsmom
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Schill Saxophones

Thank you so much for your help.

Reply To Post