Saxophone Forum

by syrasax
(75 posts)
19 years ago

Allegro Sax

Does anyone have an opinion on the differences between the "regular" Yamaha tenor YTS-475 and the Allegro Yamaha YTS-575AL? Thier marketing tries to link them together but the specifications tend to skew it closer to the YTS-62. The Allegro is a model not often heard of when speaking of Yamaha as well, why is that?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Altonian11
    (39 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Allegro Sax

Well, from what I've seen, The Allegro is pushing more for students rather than the average player, however it is the better buy if you want to sacrifice quality. I'd say if it's outside alot, or in bars, the student model would be best, that way you'd have enough left over to ensure a new one or repairs.

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

16 years ago

Re: Allegro Sax

from what it looks like, the YTS-575AL is a stencil horn of probably a 52. stencil horns are cheaper than the horn they are based off of, but are sometimes cheapened. for example, i had a Pan American conn New Wonder stencil. its exactally the same as the New Wonder, except conn decided to leave off the rolled tone holes and the microtuner (2 of the distinguishing features of conn horns for 30+ years) it cheapened the price, but at what cost? what you really have to ask yourself is are you willing to sacrifice that little bit of quality for a couple bucks?

Reply To Post