Saxophone Forum

by jrm7955
(1 post)
7 years ago

need help identifying my sax year model and value please

i have a sax gg conn with serial number 110xxx L silver plated in pretty decent condition that i want to sell but know nothing about it...anyone can help me please? 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

7 years ago

Re: need help identifying my sax year model and value please

Nickel plated alto, 1923-ish, 600 or so in top condition for a dealer, less for a private sale.  Having it inspected by a good repairman so you can answer customer questions would be worth your while.

http://www.saxgourmet.com/vintage-saxophone-value-guide/

Reply To Post

1. by rwyatt
      (2 posts)

7 years ago

I have a C G Conn Curved either Tenor or Soprano Sax  Model #1119954 with a T under and serial number M203569 with a L under.  I spoke with Steve Goodson about it and also spoke to C G Conn.  The patent date on mine is Dec. 8, 1914, unfortunately C G Conn burnt down in 1913 and they have no records to help.  Is there a way to find value, original owner and so forth....as well as, and most importantly what type of Sax it is.  Thanks

Reply To Post

1. by GFC
        (842 posts)

7 years ago

The "T" means it is a tenor.  The "L" stands for low pitch, meaning it is playable to modern tuning standards.  The 1119954 is a patent number that was put on Conn saxophones after 1914.  The M203569 number is its serial number, which indicates a production date of 1928.  There is some market demand for that model and vintage, but its value depends on a number of things as outlined to the lead poster.  Start with the site linked in that response, considering all the caveats very carefully.

Reply To Post

1. by rwyatt
          (2 posts)

7 years ago

Thanks so much for your help....you have been our best source of info.  TY again.

Reply To Post