Saxophone Forum

by tee196
(31 posts)
19 years ago

Looking for a new Tenor Saxophone

Hello, I am looking for a new Tenor Saxophone that is relativally inexpensive, I have been looking on E-bay and have found many that have cought my interest, however im not sure of the brands, some of these brands are DC Pro, Markus Martini, Selman, and the list goes on are any of these good saxophones that you know of??? Also if there is anyother place that you know of that i can find inexpensive- or less expensive tenor saxophones please let me know. I have been playing for about 2 years now and plan to play for probobly the rest of my life in different situations. Thank You -- Please reply...

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_braswell
    (22 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Looking for a new Tenor Saxophone

With your budget I would go with a vintage horn. Look for a Conn or a King. Try junkdude.com. I think you would get a lot more horn for your money if you went vintage. At least with the vintage ones you know that they withstand the test of time, some of these new asain horns you can't be too sure! Good luck!

Reply To Post

2. by saxjunkie89
    (393 posts)

19 years ago

www.saxophone.com Tenors for around $900

Reply To Post

3. by syrasax
    (75 posts)

19 years ago

What is your budget? That will go a long way to help you get some answers.

Reply To Post

1. by tee196
      (31 posts)

19 years ago

Unfortunatelly my budget is about 500 - 600 dollars i know its low for a tenor saxophone but im only 16 and i dont have a way to beable to pay much more than that. Thank You.

Reply To Post

1. by tee196
        (31 posts)

19 years ago

Also, sorry i forgot to add this in umm if there are any used saxophones in very good condition i am open to that option to but umm i dont know where to start with that or what kinds to look for. Any tips with that would be good as well and umm two other brands ive found and am not sure of are Monique and Cecilio. Thanx again for all the help. - Tee196

Reply To Post

2. by saxmcw17
      (6 posts)

19 years ago

You should check out the P. Mauriat horns at saxalley.com I've read some great things about them.

Reply To Post

1. by mrd
        (137 posts)

19 years ago

Try LA SAX

There are several options that are more than satisfactory. First, I would highly recommend LA SAX. Ebays prices are extraordinary on these, and Jerry in San Antonio will honor his warranty on all. That is your best alterantive within the price range. My Alto is superb, and the Soprano, one of the best I have EVER played. I don't have the tenor, but I think will also be in the same catagory. That is the best one. There is one other that you can depend on. TOPSAX on ebay. His horns are less than LA SAX, but of good quality. Much better choices than DC or Salmen or the others. Best advice I can give you on this subject. I PLAY THE ALTO ON JOBS AND IT HAS THE QUALITY I NEEDED...

Reply To Post

1. by tee196
          (31 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Try LA SAX

Thank You, wow ive never heard any good things about LA SAX everything i have read has been bad about them. Anyone else have any other input??

Reply To Post

1. by mrd
            (137 posts)

19 years ago

LA SAX other website

tee 196: LA Sax happens to be the best value in the market right now. There are many who love the horn as Richard Elliot plays it. However, you can go on saxontheweb.com web, look up horns from A-M, and then LA Sax. READ THE COMMENTS. You will find the support.

Reply To Post

2. by tee196
            (31 posts)

19 years ago

Re: LA SAX other website

Thank You, I wasnt doubting, i just wasnt sure, i will go read the comments thank you!!!!

Reply To Post

3. by mrd
            (137 posts)

19 years ago

LA SAX

Tee: I was playing the LA Sax Alto on the weekend for a job. The more I play it, the more I like it. There are many horns that you will like, but I frankly can't find another one at this price that I would find a preference for. It is just very well made.

Reply To Post