Saxophone Forum

by undeadsax
(1 post)
19 years ago

i need an alto sax

i have been playing tenor since 6th grade and now i am in 9th and they dont march tenors. so i need a alto sax hopefully cheap but i am willing to pay either way. just message me back because i really need they help

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by KingNecron
    (76 posts)

19 years ago

Re: i need an alto sax

The school won't rent you one? Just tell your director, "look, man, everyone marches tenor. I'm not going to put down a few hundred bucks for a crappy alto I'm only going to play three months out of the year!" Then again, you would own an alto, so you'd have a nice little setup starting high school; I'm 20, been playing tenor since 1997 (8 years), and I still don't own an alto, much less a good tenor.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

19 years ago

Some bands even march the bari saxophone, I can't imagine not marching the Tenor, I did when I was in 7th grade (and all the way through college).

Reply To Post

1. by rhino2104
        (15 posts)

19 years ago

Not marching tenors??? What are they smoking? Sorry, I guess I was just spoiled. We marched 4 tenors and 2 baris when I was in marching band. Anyway, about buying an alto for marching. I would go with either a YAS-23, you should be able to get a used one for a decent price, or go with something a little more vintage. You won't pay an arm and a leg for them and, with a little care, they will last you a long time.

Reply To Post