Saxophone Forum

by Birdman
(9 posts)
9 years ago

Replacement neck for 1936 Conn 6M

I am in need of a replacement for the double slung nmicro tune neck for my beautiful Conn 6M. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a standard, not micro tune type neck to fit this Sax? I would like to try out a non micro tune type neck, either underslunk octaave key or not. Any information will be appreciated.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Replacement neck for 1936 Conn 6M

I think a Phil Barone neck will fit it. I know Paul Maslin in Chicago has one for $339.00. It is a new line of necks brought out by a mouthpiece maker. Paul also has a SBA neck, but it goes for $850.00

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Birdman
      (9 posts)

9 years ago

Thank you, I have emailed Paul Masilins site regarding the Phil Barone neck. I appreciate your post.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

9 years ago

Karsten gloger can make a new replica of any old sax neck for you, with whatever mods you desire. It will probably cost about 300.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

9 years ago

Karsten Gloger would be who I would recommend. He makes replacement necks for just about anything. They are quite expensive, but very good. You're looking at $800 for a silver neck and about $650 for a copper neck for a 6M through musicmedic.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by definition
        (963 posts)

9 years ago

Oh, to get in touch with gloger, I believe music medic is the source for american buyers, as karsten is i think in the netherlands? necks though, are top quality from him, Ive never heard a complaint

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

9 years ago

Just checked on it through Music Medic, Thank you also, I appreciate the help.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

9 years ago

Yes, Karsten Gloger is in the Netherlands. I actullay walked past his shop when I was there a couple years ago. The Netherlands is a fun place to visit; lots of fun-loving friendly people without a care in the world!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

3. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

9 years ago

Sounds like a fun place to visit, I wish I could go and pick up my neck while there. The prices here are pretty steep, I might have to try the one from Paul Maslins due to the cost. Thanks again.

Reply To Post

4. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

9 years ago

Anyting you get from Paul Maslin will be good. I send all my horns to him for repair and adjustment/setup. I live in LA and still send my horns to Paul. Paul was referred to me by Fred Hemke.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

5. by Birdman
          (9 posts)

9 years ago

That is good news. I have sent an email, regarding my 6M and the non micro tuner replacement I am hoping he can provide, so it's good ot know of satisfied customer. Again thank you, I will post my outcome.

Reply To Post