Saxophone Forum

by jazz625
(12 posts)
19 years ago

Solo Ballard...!! HELP....

OK. In two weeks I will be playing solo tenor in a church for a weding. I have done this a few times already, but I'm looking for the altimate tune for a summer weding... So far I have played Summertime, Lover Man, and one other which I forget.. Now, I have a list of tunes, they are. 1. God Bless the child. 2. Misty. 3. Nature Boy. 4. Every time we say good bye. I like all of these, but I'm still not sure. Misty is at the top of the list simply because it's a longer tune with a middle eight and seems to fill the horn from top to bottom. It's also very easy to improvise around, so that I can extend it and fill the 5 mins or so. Has anyone else done something similar, and what tune did you play. Or can anyone suggest a good tune for the job. Thanks Paul.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mattdude
    (74 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Solo Ballard...!! HELP....

no R in ballad, it's ultimate, and wedding. sorry now that my spelling side is done.. Misty would be a very good tune. All the things you are would also be excellent. just pick one you really like and learn it NOW. you should have everything down pat a week in advanced. dont' take too long to chose your tune.

Reply To Post

1. by jazz625
      (12 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for the spelling lesson, not one of my best subjects. I do know the tunes, it's just picking one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply To Post

2. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

the way you look tonite

Reply To Post