Saxophone Forum

by elesha
(1 post)
19 years ago

Need help with a very unusual tenor sax!!!

My name is Elesha and I'm hoping someone can help me out. My pastor's wife recently passed away. She played practically every instrument known to man! My pastor is wanting to sell most of her instruments to pay for medical bills. Most of them we have been able to find their value, but there is one saxaphone that has us stumped. We're hoping somebody here can help. It is a tenor saxaphone, a Conn. There is engraving on the bell of a naked lady. The bell also says "Made by CG Conn Ltd. Elkhart, Ind USA" and it also have these numbers: PATD EC 1914 1119954 T M167057 L The most unusual part of the horn is the serpent at the top. The piece on the neck of the horn that covers the valve is shaped like a serpent with black eyes. I have searched and searched the internet and can find none like it. Do you have any information about it, and can you tell me about what it is worth? I have no idea what price to put on it. I don't want to give it away, I have been told everything from $900 - $2500, but that was all from people who knew nothing about it. I have pics if you would like to see what I'm talking about. Thank you in advance! Elesha

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax_Shark
    (134 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need help with a very unusual tenor sax!!!

Wow Elesha. That sounds pretty amazing, could you send picts? I may know someone who could help but a picture's worth a thousand words, right?

Reply To Post

1. by EL Seano
      (255 posts)

19 years ago

Wow that sounds awesome. But I'm stumped on the price too. You should ask our local Conn Expert connsaxmanjim.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Hi Elesha, I collect vintage Conn saxophones, and I can tell you by the serial number that you provided that this is a New Wonder Series II saxophone, but it is also one of the artist models. I would love to see some pictures. I'm assuming that it is gold plated? I can assure you that even if the sax needs an overhaul, as long as there is no damage, it's probably worth all of $900-$1000; maybe more. If it is playable and in good condition, it's worth all of $2500, and in mint condition, it could top out around $3200. I may even be interested in buying it.

Reply To Post Yahoo!