Saxophone Forum

by clarisax24
(1 post)
19 years ago

old Dukoff Mouthpiece

Hello. I'm new to the forum (and relatively new to the sax, actually a clarinet player, but still a nice guy) and have a question about a mouthpiece. My late grandfather left me a Conn Naked Lady Tenor (SN 258808), which I'm having overhauled. In the case was an old metal Mouthpiece. It says Dukoff across the top of the body, and Bobby Dukoff and Hollywood across the shank. It also has the marking 6*. It is gold colored. The repairman said he has never seen one that old, it's in great condition playingwise. Can anyone tell me what it's worth, both $ wise, and more importantly playing-wise?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by phathorn
    (165 posts)

19 years ago

Re: old Dukoff Mouthpiece

to answer your last question.......there are suddenly a lot of people on this board who are very envious of you!

Reply To Post

1. by wvujazzman
      (48 posts)

19 years ago

Re: old Dukoff Mouthpiece

Isn't that the truth! My best friend is an alto player, but her late father left her with a 1945 Hollywood tenor mpc. I have free access to it whenever I need it, but it's not the same as having it in the case. Man, does that thing sound sweet! I play a 1937 selmer balanced action, and the warmth from that old dukoff is incredible. Personally, I would not sell it, but that's just my opinion. I was able to find one auction for a 1949 dukoff... the price was at $375, and there were 20 bids. Hope this helps, Eric

Reply To Post