Saxophone Forum

by Mactenor
(102 posts)
19 years ago

Info on Lamberson tenor mouthpieces

If you have played or have knowlege of Lamberson mouthpieces, please give me the benefit of your input. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mactenor
    (102 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Info on Lamberson tenor mouthpieces

If a girl posts something like "There is "RACOON SHIT" on my low Bb pad, what is the best way to remove it, she wil receive at least 30 suggestions as to what detergent to use.........but ask a legitimate question like my above post, and it gets ignored. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

19 years ago

All fecal material aside, I don't have any direct experience of said piece, but you can get some info at lambersonmouthpiece.com. Same thing happened to me on a couple of mouthpiece posts, so you're not alone...

Reply To Post

2. by ray de jesus
    (4 posts)

19 years ago

Mactenor, I play a J7 (110 tip) on tenor. It is a fabulous mouthpiece. There are several players in my area that play the DD8 model. They speak easily, have great intonation and are solid through out the whole horn. They also have a centered, warm sound. My J7 is very reed friendly as well. Kind regards.

Reply To Post

1. by mcorrea
      (25 posts)

19 years ago

Mactenor, that's hilarious! I used to play an L7 wood tenor piece that I loved for a while....really rich sound but also very powerful. it started to not respond as well as I wanted it to, I don't know, maybe it was the fact that it was a wood mouthpiece and they can be unstable, or maybe the Morgan excalibur I had been playing at the time was just the right piece for me at that time, but I sold the L7. I'd love to get my hands on another one but this time in hard rubber, and used so I don't have to shell out the big bucks.

Reply To Post