Saxophone Forum

by rafsax
(7 posts)
19 years ago

conn ltd...

i need info about a vintage conn....on the body was written PATD SEPT. 14 1915 1153488(9?..I'm not sure about the last number) A 01410 L on the case..i think it's original there is written C.G. CONN Ltd. band instruments world's largest manufacturers ELKHART .IND. U.S.A THANKS TO ALL

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

19 years ago

Re: conn ltd...

I think that alto may be a stencil model made by conn otherwise it was made in 1895!!! The first number is the patent no for drawn tone holes A=alto 01410=serial number L=low pitch A=440 Hz Conn made thousands of stencil horns, whats engraved on the front? Dave

Reply To Post

1. by rafsax
      (7 posts)

19 years ago

there is written Chavalier and there is a knight on the bell... is a good one? please tell me

Reply To Post

2. by rafsax
      (7 posts)

19 years ago

there is written Chavalier and there is a knight on the bell... is a good one? please tell me

Reply To Post

1. by rafsax
        (7 posts)

19 years ago

what do you mean for stencil model..i'm italian sorry..i can not understand completely thanks for your courtesy

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

Cavilier was a stencil model from conn. Stencil model was a second line of saxophones made by the manufacturers and were either a student or intermediate horn. eg your sax will not have rolled tone holes where as the pro line will also conn made a lot of horns for store fronts engraved with the shop name Dave

Reply To Post

2. by rafsax
          (7 posts)

19 years ago

thank you..however do you think is a good one? can you tell me more or less the value and the date of this sax...i have to say that the sound is very good.. what are in english rolled tone holes? thank you very much

Reply To Post

3. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

19 years ago

Cant say a date as a picture would be needed but if its a split bell key model (low B one side and low Bb on the otherside) it will be around 1923'ish but if its same sided after 1932. I think cavalier was an early stencil. The value is not very much around 250-350 euro's. Rolled tone holes are where the top of the tone hole is rounded like the late keilwerth R series. Yours will be straight sided Dave

Reply To Post

4. by rafsax
          (7 posts)

19 years ago

thanks..how can i send you a picute..tell me

Reply To Post