Saxophone Forum

by mufasa
(9 posts)
19 years ago

Kell Geometric mouthpieces?

I just picked up a Conn alto that has an old Kell Geometric "0" hard rubber piece with it and it plays really nicely. Big open sound, easy to produce - easy throughout the range. You can go traditional or modern on your sound. What a mouthpiece! I'd love to try a Kell on my tenor. But this company doesn't seem to exist - or I can't find them on the internet anyway. Anyone know about these pieces or the company?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Kell Geometric mouthpieces?

I think that might be a clarinet mouthpiece. The only thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Kell is Reginald Kell. He was one the greatest clarinetists of the last century. In fact, Benny Goodman took lessons from him. This is only a guess. If that is true. there probably isn't be a tenor mouthpiece in exixtence. Practice On !!!! :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by hopestreet Music Emporium
    (1 post)

10 years ago

Re: Kell Geometric mouthpieces?

I have a Kell geometric tenor mouthpiece in good shape.  Also hard rubber, the rubber is age-discolored. Tip is in fine shape, rails have a couple tiny nicks thatdo not effect play or tone. Contact me at [email protected] if you're interested. John

Reply To Post