Saxophone Forum

by soupzill
(7 posts)
18 years ago

Interlochen

well, Ive searched the website for hours and have a pretty good grasp on things, but I still was wondering what people that attended interlochen thought about it sice I hop to be attending the accedemy for 10th 11th and 12th grade wich is only in about a year and a half from now for me. thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by phathorn
    (165 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Interlochen

I didn't attend the academy but was both a camper and staff member for the camp. GO!!!! GO!!! absolutely go!

Reply To Post

2. by sevan
    (1 post)

18 years ago

I've been on staff there for two summers now - I recommend it highly. A great environment to be surrounded by the arts and to have a medium to improve your skills...

Reply To Post

3. by Ender
    (5 posts)

18 years ago

I attended the high school summer camp for 2 years and I had a blast. I'm a classical player but even if you're into more jazz, the experience is just as great so I've heard. There are so many opportunities to meet great players and composers (I meet W.Bolcom who was there both years I was.) If you choose to go, you will find it to be challenging but you come away so much a better player. I have one more suggestion though, even if you're not sure if music is the career or college path you're going to take, really try to meet the people there, become friends with some of the student players and composers there and play the composer's music. They always need people to play their pieces for them, alot of them are very good composers, who knows if they might be the next Bach, John Cage, or Berio. Anyways, my 2 cents.

Reply To Post