Saxophone Forum

by Jazz&pizzaz
(5 posts)
19 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY GOOD MUSIC COLLEGES IN MIDWEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in WI and I go to High school, and i am looking for a college that has a really good music program. any one no of any good schools?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by NewSax
    (8 posts)

19 years ago

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY GOOD MUSIC COLLEGES IN MIDWEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Midwest has many outstanding Music programs. Ask your band/choir instructors in high school, your high school principal, counselor, etc. In Wisconsin good programs are present at Lawrence Univ. and at Stevens Point. In Iowa good programs at Luther College, Simpson College, and Univ. of Northern Iowa. In Minnesota in particular at St. Olaf. It depends what you are seeking....large school or small school, teaching or performance? Sure...the E. and W. Coasts also offer great schools but don't sell the Midwest short. Good luck.

Reply To Post

1. by checkster
      (9 posts)

19 years ago

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY GOOD MUSIC COLLEGES IN MIDWEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If youre willing to go a little more south, UMKC has an outstanging music program, plus head of jazz studies is Professor Bobby Watson, one of the top altoists of modern times. Chicago also has a good program.

Reply To Post

2. by saxmachinedom
    (3 posts)

18 years ago

i realize it might be a little late, but i think you should really check out the University of Illinois, they're pretty hot

Reply To Post