Saxophone Forum

by Gooshbanshee
(24 posts)
18 years ago

otto link 9..vs..Vandoren T75 V16

hey im upgradin the mouthpiece soon and even though im allready leaning towards the vandoren T75 v16 I was wondering if anyone had a personal opinion. shanks, Troy

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

Re: otto link 9..vs..Vandoren T75 V16

I say for a benchmark ; alto 5. tenor 7. When I was a kid i bought a Wolf Tayne 9 from a mail order house. There was no internet in those days. I ordered it because it was the highest opening. When I played through it , I almost cried. I asked my teacher to play through it, and he sounded as bad as I did !!!! My point is that I think 7 is as bright as you need for tenor. Alto is a smaller horn and I think that 5, (six for rock) is as high as I would go.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Gooshbanshee
      (24 posts)

18 years ago

im sorry I totally forgot to say it was a tenor. a 7...really? Well then, I really think im just going to go for the vandoren, but then again I actually tried my teachers 9 (at least im pretty sure it was a nine), and I was amazed how much more open it was and personally I loved it.

Reply To Post

2. by sidewinder7k7
    (4 posts)

18 years ago

I have an otto link NY 7 and a Vandoren T77 on order to compare from wwbw. I think you should just try the two mouthpieces you want and see which one you like best. And as long as you are aiming as open as the Link 9, why don't you try the T95? Its very open, but from what I've heard, it responds pretty well. When my lig comes in I will tell you what I think about my comparison of the two mpcs.

Reply To Post