Saxophone Forum

by Peepin728
(17 posts)
18 years ago

Richie Cole

Hello everyone. For those of you who have heard Richie Cole play, I want to know if you like him or not. He lives really close to me, and often calls me up to play gigs with him, and being only 18 years old it's a real thrill to play with someone like him. I personally like his style, and the fact he has fun while he is playing. I know a lot of people don't like him because he "messes around too much", and that's their opinion so that's ok. I just want to hear your opinions on him. Thanks! -Dave

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kennyj
    (24 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Richie Cole

Dave -- Catch Richie all you can!!!! Write down everything he says or plays, if you can!! He may not remember this, but he still owes me seven dollars................. ii-V-I kenny j
    kennyj

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

18 years ago

Richie Cole,,,,I have listen to Him since He played in Buddy Rich;s Band,, he is a true Monster and anyone sayiong he mess's around to much is out of their f Mind...He is one of the greatest player's out there, I love the Guy,,Do You His cd with "Boot's" or the early on with Eric Kloss, a Blind cat from Pitts. How about Rihie and "Wood" playing Donna Lee??/ Messing around alright.....I wish I lived close to Him, ..Rocco

Reply To Post

1. by Peepin728
      (17 posts)

18 years ago

Hey Rocco. I agree with you 100% man! He is a great cat. Yea I have his cd with Boots, but not the one with Kloss, and I do have the recording of him and Phil playing Donna Lee. I actually played it the same way with him, putting me in the role of Phil! That was an amazing day...haha, nice talking to you man. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Roccosm
        (113 posts)

18 years ago

Dave , who are You Man, LOL anyone that can play Donna Lee with Cole has to be someone other than Just Dave????lol ,,Eric Kloss is a Cat from Pitt.s a Blind guy who does not play any more,, I met a friend of His odly enough in mY rest. and He said He is also a great guy, The album with Cole and Kloss my Be hard to find it was in the early 70,s, The first time I heard Richie play was a turning point , He To Me is the cleaverest most technical and classy Player I have heard to this day, what a mind and a natural Soul in His playing, You are one lucky Guy to be in His presence. Did He ever tell You about the Joe William's Incident? I heard the Mr. William's a great Great singer , talk about a voice was with Richie when He was Killed,,Is that true???Richie Must be the coolest nice Guy to be with. I hope He is, I have alway's wanted to meet Him more than any other sax Man..Again Dave ,,who in the Hell are YOu Man???lol also who in ther right mind could ever say anything negative about richi'e Playing,,excet a 30 handicaper who can;t make a 2 foot put>>>>Rocco

Reply To Post

2. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Hey Dave, You got Me fired up about Cole and Kloss, go to tower record's and look for Eric Kloss there are 7 album's that You can look at and two of them have Richie and eddy jefferson on them, it is not the one I was talking about but check them Out and You will see why Kloss is a favorate of Mine,,too bad he does not play any more..I also forund a Cole album with Paquito D'Rivera playing song's of "Dizzy",,You know Paquito I hope,,Talk about another "Monster""" Bye Rocco,,let Me know what You think....

Reply To Post