Saxophone Forum

by streetSax570
(25 posts)
18 years ago

Yo.........again!

Hey I just joined the sax community like a year ago. I play the soprano, alto, and tenor saxophone. I'm currently working on the soprano. I'm trying to decide before middle school(which is next year) what instrument or intruments to stick with. All the dudes in my band say I shouldn't play the soprano but I'm practically in love with it. I mean soprano is more fast and exciting rather than the tenor which ALWAYS plays the harmony. I'm in a band called"Starmusic" so check us out whenever you'd like. And try to help me with the soprano,alto,tenor problem. Much appreciated!!, Mook

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GzsKerqt
    (77 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Yo.........again!

If soprano calls u then stick to it, but that doesnt mean u should stop playing alto and tenor.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Yo.........again!

Go ahead, keep playing the soprano, but it doesn't fit into a marching band or a concert band, and it fits in Jazz band only for rare solos. The soprano will likely be useless in Middle School. If you need to play melody, go with alto, because you're right, tenor is almost always harmony. I prefer tenor. If everyone played melody, it would be horribly boring.

Reply To Post