Saxophone Forum

by monty
(2 posts)
18 years ago

Conn Tranny vs. Chu vs. Buescher TH & C

Hello people What a choice i've got to make here! Three awesome saxes, all at the same price. The tranny had an old relacquer over the bare brass - so it looks pretty ordinary, but it has a monster sound. The Chu is 99.9% percent original silver with gold wash bell - it looks awesome - has a good sound, but not quite as good as the tranny. The Buescher is one of the hardest-to-find saxes in Aus. I play a lot of big band stuff - varies from rock to funk to swing to outright jazz - and play in a 6-piece combo, so i need a pretty versatile horn - anyone with experience or words of wisdom?? To connsaxman_jim, if you have a 10m and a TH & C, what do you use each of them for? For those interested, i've read a couple of threads and a few websites regarding the transitional models, and this is a bare brass, split-bell key model, with no engraving (just CG Conn). What do people think - does the advantage of finding a completely original chu tenor outweigh the fact that its' sound is a little behind the tranny? Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Conn Tranny vs. Chu vs. Buescher TH & C

IMO, its no competition if that Buescher is a true TH & C!!! Dont get me wrong, I love the Conn horns, but the TH & Cs I have played have beat all the trannys, chus, etc I have played. The M series horns from Conn... well thats another story and harder to debate. Go for the Buescher

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Conn Tranny vs. Chu vs. Buescher TH & C

I love conns but the buescher is a wonderful horn with superb intonation and better ego's so i would go for the buescher Dave

Reply To Post