Saxophone Forum

by saxHog
(28 posts)
9 years ago

Conn 22M w/rolled tone holes?

Anybody run into this b4? There's one on Ebay. I thought Conn stopped using rolled tone holes in '47? This one is from the late '50's.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Conn 22M w/rolled tone holes?

Conn 22m was the F mezzo horn also a sop mezzo in F with RTHoles buti think they revamped the numbers in the late 50's or 60's without RTH. Perhaps the one you looked at didn't have RTH or the only other possibility it is a horn made by keilwerth for conn. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by saxHog
      (28 posts)

9 years ago

thanx for the reply but this is a Tenor,Ser# 749xxx. I saw the photos and they are rolled tone holes. I thought about Keilwerth making them but I can't find any info on 22M's other than the F messo horns.It is on ebay right now. Don't have the item #, wouldn't be hard to find.

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

9 years ago

If the bell keys are on the right then it could be keilwerth made, its from 1958 thats all i know Dave

Reply To Post

1. by saxHog
          (28 posts)

9 years ago

Here's the item # on ebay 795028. Check it out.

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

9 years ago

I found only 2 Conn 22M's, and the item number is much higher on both. Are you sure that item number is correct?

Reply To Post

3. by saxHog
          (28 posts)

9 years ago

Sorry, Ebay item # 7364623389--

Reply To Post

4. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

9 years ago

You're right, it does appear as if the tone holes are rolled, but it's difficult to tell from the picture. The seller does describe it as having rolled tone holes, though... The bell keys are definately on the right, so I would vote for Keilworth made, but that's just because Dave Dix suggested that above. Looks like a nice horn, though.

Reply To Post

5. by Dave Dix
          (421 posts)

9 years ago

Definately European made even thou it has made in USA stamped on it. Looks keilwerth but a small chance its Amati but this is really out of my sax range knowledge as i prefer the older horns Dave

Reply To Post