Saxophone Forum

by hallkat
(3 posts)
18 years ago

1939 Buescher Aristocrat Tenor

Hi all just wondering if anyone have had any expierences with such a horn I am thinking of purchasing a 1939 Tenor Buescher in mint condition.It is from an estate sale and a friend of mine bought it. He is in Washinton and I am in Toronto Canada.It was acloset horn for 30 yrs and has 99% of its origanal dark honey Laquare. Beaytifull looking horn. I have never played a Buescher but have played all other vintage horns.Any help on the action and playability of these horns would be appreciated. Thanks Hallkat

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: 1939 Buescher Aristocrat Tenor

Snatch his arms off, they are about the best of the aristocrat line period. Action is light with the gold plated screw in norton springs ,superb intonation and great egonomics. Dont let it pass you by Dave

Reply To Post

1. by hallkat
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks Dave I amgoing to buy this horn..It will cost me $1000 US I think I am getting a great deal. I am a Jazz player and have mostly used Old Conns Chu and 10m but I just find them hard to get around on as I dont have as much time to practice as I would like as I am working 10 or 12 hrs a day..so I play more gigs than I practice these days ....Is this a good Jazz horn for some of thoise old standards and can it be pushed to play some of the current stuff. Thanks for the response Hallkat

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

I have a chu ,new wonder and a 10m ,a few martins and 3 bueschers all tenors ,thou i love the others my 1939 series 1 aristo just out plays the conns, the ego's are better and intonation. I mainly play RnR AND RnB and the aristocrat is superb for this and all types of music , it growls for Peter Gunn but plays soft and sweet for Brenda Lee's speak to me pretty. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by pam_buck2002
          (1 post)

17 years ago

Does anyone know what type of saxaphone I have. It says Aristrocrat Buescher. seriel #586549. I would like to know about the year it was made,and what quality it is. it came in a square green case. thank you

Reply To Post

2. by kylkrstng
          (1 post)

14 years ago

I know this is an old post so forgive me if you are not involved with this forum anymore. I am looking for a tenor for my son. He is a junior in college and is first chair alto in symphonic and plays bari and guitar in the jazz band at school. He wants a tenor for Christmas. I saw a 330xxx series Buescher Aristocrat at Tenor Madness for 1400. That is at the high end of what I want to spend. I am also looking at a Yamaha YTS 62 locally for 1200. His alto is a yamaha and he likes it alot. Given that the condition of both instruments is equal, what would you recommend?

Reply To Post

2. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

18 years ago

You are fortunate, my friend. Go for it!

Reply To Post