Saxophone Forum

by 1katmik
(2 posts)
18 years ago

1929 Conn New Wonder Series II "Chu Berry" Tenor Sax

Hello, my name is Kathy Mikulski and I recently joined saxquest. I asked about a Conn Tenor Sax and received a reply immediately from definition. Thank you ! This sax is in the original case and it has recently been resored to near mint condition. I would like to know its value, but am having difficulty finding this information. I'd appreciate any feedback on this query.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: 1929 Conn New Wonder Series II "Chu Berry" Tenor Sax

Thats a hard question to answer , i also have a chu tenor in brass finish. The best way is to view completed ebay items and judge yours against them. From a vintage sax dealer the prices are very high around $2000+ whereas ebay is around $1000-$1250. The best way to sell is to put it on consignment at a good music shop or take the risk on ebay but use good pictures. Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: 1929 Conn New Wonder Series II "Chu Berry" Tenor Sax

If you put it on ebay, make sure you put in a reserve price, which means you don't sell unless it gets above that price. It costs a little more to list it that way, but you won't end up having to sell for a pittance just in case nobody bids. (You could also consign it through saxquest.)

Reply To Post