Saxophone Forum

by Skylark
(27 posts)
18 years ago

what is wrong?????

i am a junior in high school, i play a cannonball bigbell pro that i bought last spring, and for some reason i am getting this weird airy spity sound now i got no idea, but its maken me angry i dont know if its the crappy reeds i use or just a ambasher problem but if some of youd guys could help me out it would be great. -Skyler

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: what is wrong?????

Most likely it's your reed or mouthpiece. I would try a newer reed, and probably a stiffer reed than what you are using. If the mouthpiece has a fairly closed tip, like a #3 or a Selmer C*, you may want to try a mouthpiece with a more open facing. Have you changed mouthpieces or done anything recently? That may be part of the problem too. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Skylark
      (27 posts)

18 years ago

i havent changed mouth peices. i am still using the stock mouthpiece that came with the cannonball, but i am looken into getting a new mouthpiece any suggestions??? but i have been using the 2 1/2 the school buys instead of 3's like i usally use. that may be the problam.

Reply To Post

1. by selmer 4evr
        (309 posts)

18 years ago

i think it is the>>> I never quite got this right >> that is I guess it needs some bashing

Reply To Post

2. by selmer 4evr
        (309 posts)

18 years ago

i think it is the !!!! ambasher!!!! I never quite got this right !!!! the ambasher !!!!! that is,,,,, I guess it needs some bashing

Reply To Post

1. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

18 years ago

i think its spelled embrochure? and i play a CBall excalibur and with the stock mouthpiece it makes the airy sound i know youre talking about. i assume you have the C* look for a bigger tip opening? ehh im just talking out my arse here...

Reply To Post