Saxophone Forum

by Skylark
(27 posts)
8 years ago

what is wrong?????

i am a junior in high school, i play a cannonball bigbell pro that i bought last spring, and for some reason i am getting this weird airy spity sound now i got no idea, but its maken me angry i dont know if its the crappy reeds i use or just a ambasher problem but if some of youd guys could help me out it would be great. -Skyler

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

8 years ago

Re: what is wrong?????

Most likely it's your reed or mouthpiece. I would try a newer reed, and probably a stiffer reed than what you are using. If the mouthpiece has a fairly closed tip, like a #3 or a Selmer C*, you may want to try a mouthpiece with a more open facing. Have you changed mouthpieces or done anything recently? That may be part of the problem too. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Skylark
      (27 posts)

8 years ago

i havent changed mouth peices. i am still using the stock mouthpiece that came with the cannonball, but i am looken into getting a new mouthpiece any suggestions??? but i have been using the 2 1/2 the school buys instead of 3's like i usally use. that may be the problam.

Reply To Post

1. by selmer 4evr
        (309 posts)

8 years ago

i think it is the>>> I never quite got this right >> that is I guess it needs some bashing

Reply To Post

2. by selmer 4evr
        (309 posts)

8 years ago

i think it is the !!!! ambasher!!!! I never quite got this right !!!! the ambasher !!!!! that is,,,,, I guess it needs some bashing

Reply To Post

1. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

8 years ago

i think its spelled embrochure? and i play a CBall excalibur and with the stock mouthpiece it makes the airy sound i know youre talking about. i assume you have the C* look for a bigger tip opening? ehh im just talking out my arse here...

Reply To Post