Saxophone Forum

by hwiggy
(14 posts)
18 years ago

What Ligature? Rovners Dark VS Ultimate?

I need to decide what ligature to buy? and i want to know all the pros and cons about those ligatures... :)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

18 years ago

Re: What Ligature? Rovners Dark VS Ultimate?

i personally have 3 rovner ligs.. and i have used the ultimate lig.. all are very nice.. its a matter of price range and what ur looking for.. a ligature, however, only does a minute amount of work to change your tone.. your tone is just that..YOUR TONE.. not your horns or equipments.. they just work to enhance it and give you more freedom with your tone i have the Dark: its.. pretty much what it sez.. its dark.. it rounds off your articulation and almost deadens your tone to remove a certain extent of projection and edge which i kinda dont like.. i use it for legit the Light: i love it.. i barrowed it off of a friend and have yet to give it back.. it allows free air movement and clears up your tone a lot.. for me in the upper register considerably.. optimum.. nothing special other than the fact that i think the lig itself is overpriced for holding a piece of cane to a piece of hard rubber...

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ