Saxophone Forum

by RoYrOy
(51 posts)
18 years ago

Embouchure control on large Interval Leaps

Im having a problem with an exercise I'm working with to better my sound, its hard for me to leap from lets say 7th's or 6ths without squeaking or producing a nasty tone, ej, from G to low B and back, lets say, in steady 8th notes, or from middle C to high A. I wonder why and what I have to do with my throat position for it to come out steady, thanks guys!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Embouchure control on large Interval Leaps

As far as technique goes, do you feel yourself changing to hit these notes? For fast jumping you don't want any movement in your embouchure. Your examples are both intervals of 6ths. Also check for leaks. If it's effecting both directions I would be supecious of the octive mech. If your adjusting for pitch for mult notes, you might want to adjust your embouchure to something that can play all the notes without moving. If your having to adjust for certain notes, it might that they are out of tune. If that's the case your gonna have to live with them out of tone for fast jumps. You want to tune where you have the most notes in tune. Then use air flow and minor mouth changes to adjust for the bigest problems. Hope that helps.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM