Saxophone Forum

by ps
(35 posts)
18 years ago

curved sporanos

has anyone bought a SELMAN or a CECELIO curved soprano. I know they are made in China and are likely junk. But I'm curious to know if anyone has actually bought one, and what do you have to say about them. For that matter, has anyone bought an alto or tenor?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sk8aman92
    (7 posts)

18 years ago

Re: curved sporanos

I got alto but I did not buy it.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by ps
      (35 posts)

18 years ago

How do you like it? Does it seem like a solid horn? WOULD you buy one? I'd like to find a curved soprano, but I'm really concerned that these are not very well made horns. At least that is what I've read. They are really inexpensive, whick makes me think they aren't very good. Thanks for your reply. I think I will likely go for a Kessler when I'm ready to buy.

Reply To Post

1. by sk8aman92
        (7 posts)

18 years ago

You shouldn't think that because a saophone is cheap that it is bad. If it is from a good a good company that you trust then try it.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Leschner
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

Hi there, I need some info about my true tone, but I do not know how to ask in this site. Mine is a Buescher curved soprano low pitch, and the serial number is 457XX. Thanks so much

Reply To Post

2. by Leschner
        (3 posts)

18 years ago

Hi there, I am from Argentina. Well, I owned yesterday a Buescher True Tone Curved soprano, and the sound is really amazing, my professor was delighted. The intonation is very good, and it has a very sweet sound. If you can find one, go for it, they are really nice.

Reply To Post

1. by sk8aman92
          (7 posts)

18 years ago

Coooool8-}. Do you speak spanish?

Reply To Post AIM

2. by Leschner
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

Yes, I do. El espaƱol es mi lengua nativa. Como hago para comenzar un POST desde cero? Alguna informacion de mi saxo? Saludos

Reply To Post