Saxophone Forum

by honker
(4 posts)
18 years ago

Buescher BU5

Has anyone heard of this model? I am guessing that it is newer and maybe not considered vintage at all. Help?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Buescher BU5

You're quite correct its a newer post buy out horn so i doubt you could class it as vintage also , i believe , its a taiwanese made horn Dave

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

The Buescher BU5 is a new tenor saxophone distributed by Conn/Selmer. New, they sell for around $729.00. They're a good sax for the price. They have a lot of pro features for an inexpensive horn; like (from their website) a high F# key, tilting Bb spatula, pointed pivot screws, stainless steel rods-screws-springs, lyre holder with screw, adjustable molded right-hand thumb rest, adjustable felt bumpers, removable bell-body brace ring, V-shaped bow guard, kid (leather) pads with metal resonators, molded mouthpiece, woodshell case. I do believe they are made in Taiwan. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

18 years ago

These new Bueschers are of no relation to vintage bueschers of the past century. Selmer, who owns all Buescher Trademarks, ressurected the name to attach to a value-oriented brand of Taiwanese instruments. The quality reports I've heard are mediocre at best.

Reply To Post