Saxophone Forum

by thewoodswind
(5 posts)
18 years ago

I have a question whats the best sax? (id like YOUR opinion, just asking).

Telllllll meeeeee tellllll meeeeee what is the best sax? technacilly, i think that alto sax is the best considering its the easiest. id like your opinions.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: I have a question whats the best sax? (id like YOUR opinion, just asking).

The best saxophone is whatever gives you the most pleasure. For me, that varies. Sometimes it's the tenor, when I'm in a very mellow mood. Sometimes it's the alto, when I need things a bit brighter. Sometimes it's the bari, when I need some solid bass. Then, of course, the soprano can be a lot of fun. All types of saxophones can be the best, just don't give me one that falls apart every other time you pick it up.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: I have a question whats the best sax? (id like YOUR opinion, just asking).

Play them all! I play soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone. I have an F Mezzo soprano and C Melody also that I play on occasion. (Those are both a little less common) I hope to have a bass soon! Once you learn one, you can play them all. The fingerings are basically the same, but the embrochures are different. Soprano is the hardest and requires the most embrochure control. I'd have to say tenor is probably the easiest. I play tenor most often. As for brands, I prefer vintage Conns, but if you ask 20 people, you're likely to get 20 different answers. It's really a matter of preference. Buy a good horn that will last you. Don't buy one of the cheap Chinese horns for less than $300 that fall apart in a year!

Reply To Post Yahoo!