Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
18 years ago

Pretty much as happy as i can ever be..

lol well this is kind of a lil brag session for me.. but i also want to take the chance to ask you guys what spring pieces are in store for u guys? any cool things happenin this year? im super pumped.. heres our line up so far: QUINTESSENCE - HANK LEVY LATINTENSITY - HANK LEVY BLUSETTE - some guy lol BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY - another guy LOVE FOR SALE - ... no idea lol I WANNA BE LIKE YOU - big bad voodo daddy? k so heres my excitement factor.. were going into the studio for the 3rd time in our schools history.. were getting a proffessional recording done of our songs that we play and we will sell them around town and at school functions.. also, were entering some contest with that song i wanna be like you.. where u get a recording of that, and send it in to someone.. and if you get picked, the big bad voodoo daddies themselves come out to your school and give u a lil expo and work with you and play with you and stuff.. its so cool im soooo pumped for this year.. im playing 2 of the hardest songs our school has, or ever will see, soloing in both of them.. soloing in the competetion piece... ahhh lol.. so, whats up with u guys?=)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by YanagisawA-901
    (312 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Pretty much as happy as i can ever be..

EHHH, CORRECTION!! lol were playing "on green dolphin street - by hank levy" its a kick ass big band arrangement k;sdlafj;afj

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by JeremyA
      (28 posts)

18 years ago

Our jazz band is also making a CD this year. We were going to last year, but we had the hardest time finding somewhere around the Atlanta area that could hold a twenty piece jazz band without costing too much. but this year we have money left over from last year a plus the money we raise from our annual dinner dance so we should have the funds. That thing with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy sounds familiar. We played Mambo Swing last year and our band director said something about a contest like that. It sounds like you guys have a good program at your school. Ours is kind of lacking. oh well.

Reply To Post

1. by saxjunkie89
        (393 posts)

18 years ago

we record cd's for all of our band concerts every year (Christmas, Spring, and Jazz band). Oh, and our jazz band is also playing "On Green Dolphin Street" this year.

Reply To Post

1. by checkster
          (9 posts)

18 years ago

Youre playing I WANNA BE LIKE YOU - big bad voodo daddy" Nice, thats a great tune. My ensemble lost a lot of guys last year, and now wve got a lot of young guys in. Most of our music this year is pretty easy Pent House dawn, Oliver Nlson is one that were doing, its fantastic.

Reply To Post

2. by saxs_make_it_happen
          (42 posts)

18 years ago

Sounds awesome man, congrats n good luck with the solos

Reply To Post Yahoo!