Saxophone Forum

by Skylark
(27 posts)
18 years ago

Need help all cannonball users

I have a cannonball Globel big bell. I have had my cannonball since may and i love it. But it came with 2 necks, a one machtes the sax color and one matched the key color, i use the one that matches the sax color. because the place i bought it from told me that was the normal neck. what is the other neck for, i have tried it, and it seems to giv emore resistence. and my sax also came with a "extender" looking thing bout 1 inch long. i got no idea what its for. can anyone help me out there?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxs_make_it_happen
    (42 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Need help all cannonball users

Hey there I just got a Cannonball Raven Alto a few months ago and I've wondered the same thing lol. its seems to be like you said more resisted but in a way it makes the tone a little darker I guess you could say. I personally like the normal one though because it matches and I'm used to its playing. the extender you're talking about, you mean the little cap that goes where the neck attatches to the body? it's just a cap, honestly I'm not sure what it's for but I put it on anyways when it's in the case.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Bariboy
    (18 posts)

18 years ago

the neck that doesn't match the horn is for more jazz or lighter pieces. it's supposed to make the tone lighter. the extender is supposed to protect the octave key mechanism when u put the horn back in the case. it's always good to put it on when u put eh horn away. hope this helps Bariboy

Reply To Post

1. by Skylark
      (27 posts)

18 years ago

aaa ok thanks guys, make sense i quess.

Reply To Post

3. by Snotbob22
    (1 post)

18 years ago

I've owned an unlacquered tenor for quite a while now and just like you said, it came with a neck that matches the horn and one that doesn't. In my case the one that doesn't match is silver. The silver one, or in your case, the one that matches the keys, is better suited for classical or orchestra playing as it has a slighly larger bore. The resistance you mentioned probably is very small and only noticeable when compared to the matching neck. This is natural since the air flows slightly faster in the matching neck.

Reply To Post