Saxophone Forum

by bigred
(43 posts)
18 years ago

I'm loking for a new tenor

Whats your take on the yamaha 82's? How does it compare and contrast? which would be better?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bigred
    (43 posts)

18 years ago

Re: I'm loking for a new tenor

compared to a mark vi

Reply To Post

1. by MarkLavelle
      (300 posts)

18 years ago

Have you tried either of them? How about other tenors? I tried at least 8 horns the day I bought my YTS-82Z, and I strongly recommend you do the same. The 82Z turned out to be the right price+quality combination for me, but I'd still be thinking about it if I hadn't tried as wide a range as possible. I might buy a mouthpiece on reputation alone, but when you're talking about thousands of dollars you really ought to test drive...

Reply To Post

2. by saxjuan
    (12 posts)

18 years ago

The sound of the mark v1 is lot more warm and balance and mostly more expensive, so is up to you what are you looking on the instrument....

Reply To Post

3. by JerseyJay
    (1 post)

18 years ago

I tried an 82 and didn't like it at all. I then compared it to my Yanagisawa and liked the Yamaha even less. Don't forget about the Yani's. I have an older one but recently played a new 991 and thought it was great as well.

Reply To Post

1. by Roccosm
      (113 posts)

18 years ago

Hi Jersey, I have a Yani Prima T40 have You ever heard of this model, I think it was made in the 90's I have never been able to find anything out. But , I swear it play's as well as My M6 Tenor.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

Ive heard of it, its a good horn. Older model Yani and its out of production, but still a very good horn

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

18 years ago

Buy the Yamaha. It's fairly bullet proof and will serve you well. I play a Mark Vi and I love it. It is more of a high maintenance instrument. I have a Yamaha model 62 as a backup horn and it's hardly ever been to the shop. For a high school or college students a more modern saxophone is better.........Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM