Saxophone Forum

by alsax
(4 posts)
18 years ago

morgan excalibur alto mouthpiece

Whilst I am delighted with this mouthpiece, I have to use a fabric Rovner ligature because the twin screw metal ligs I have are all too big. Clarinet ligs are not really suitable as the reed part is too narrow for an alto reed and most are also too big ! Does anyone out there know of a metal lig that will fit the Excalibur ??????

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bigred
    (43 posts)

18 years ago

Re: morgan excalibur alto mouthpiece

just usee the stock lig, it might just work. I don't buy ligs, waste o money.

Reply To Post

2. by krzykrn88
    (27 posts)

18 years ago

I have owned morgan Excalibuer for bout 3 yrs. its da best, however picky. So far, here are the only metal made ligatures taht seemed good for morgan: bonade or regular metal clarinet ligatures, and olegature size 1(silver one for clarinets) or size 2(gold one for altos). the oleg 2 gives out the least bright tone, but they all sound bright nd powerful. fyi, size 1 nd 2, though they are the best olegature size for morgan e, they fit bigger then the metal ones

Reply To Post

1. by altosop
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

If you can find one, the Hite ligature works great on the Morgan Excalibur. Hites are also on the slim side. Nice lig too.

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

18 years ago

You're probably on a rovner dark ligature, switch it out to a Rovner light ligature, opens it up really well

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM