Saxophone Forum

by melodist
(4 posts)
18 years ago

Phil Woods CD Rom

OK---I realize that this question has probably been asked many times before, but since I am fairly new to 'Saxquest' forgive me in advance for asking it again--Does anyone know where I can get the Phil Woods Jazz Tutor CD Rom? It has been out of print for awhile now so I am hoping someone has one and can copy it(which is not illegal since it is out of print). Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by MarkLavelle
    (300 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Phil Woods CD Rom

'(which is not illegal since it is out of print)' Wrong! It would not be legal for someone to make you a copy without permission from the publiser. Being out of print is *not* the same as being public domain.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxman89
      (9 posts)

18 years ago

Noob.

Reply To Post

2. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

18 years ago

why not punch up his web site and ask him, he's a pretty nice guy he just might help you.

Reply To Post

3. by melodist
    (4 posts)

18 years ago

My appreciation to those of you who responded. I didn't try Phil's site because I didn't want to bother him with this considering his health and busy schedule----but if nothing else turns up, maybe I'll try him. Hopefully it will get released again someday.

Reply To Post

1. by golferguy675
      (600 posts)

18 years ago

Originally posted by saxman89: "Noob." Uh...dick. You've posted 4 times, and he's been here a year longer than you. Why would you even bother to post that? Is that what you do in your free time? Just put people down on a saxophone discussion forum? What a jerk... As for the CD Rom, I would check Ebay if I were you, or maybe even try Jamey Aebersold's site(www.jazzbooks.com). I doubt if there would be any left if it's been out of print, but if you email him he might be able to find you one.

Reply To Post

1. by kneejerk52
        (397 posts)

18 years ago

health? i just saw him last week at the deerhead he looked fine, is he sick??

Reply To Post

2. by Saxman89
        (9 posts)

18 years ago

Shut up noooob.

Reply To Post

1. by knorter
          (205 posts)

18 years ago

Saxman, Play nice or move on :) This isn't that kind of forum, we're all here to learn and help others. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Kristy

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

2. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

18 years ago

Kristy is absolutely right !!!! It's gotten to the point where I want to contribute, but I'd rather not have someone rip me. Let's show respect for each other. Nobody is always right !!!! Just remember, there is always someone who help your playing. Terry

3. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

18 years ago

can help*