Saxophone Forum

by GoldenGirlKat
(9 posts)
18 years ago

Selmer with epoxy finish

We were just looking at a Selmer Baritone saxophone on Ebay that looked very odd. When we questioned the seller about the finish that looked painted he wrote back that Selmer used an epoxy finish over brass and that it was factory done. Has anyone ever seen this? Is this a rarity? Or is he full of it?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Selmer with epoxy finish

Thats normal, only mostly we call it a laquered finish. Can you post a link to the auction?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

18 years ago

Found the horn in question, that finish was something tried years back but never took off. Its still a reliable Bundy Bari sax

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by GoldenGirlKat
      (9 posts)

18 years ago

I hope this works, I have never tried to send a link from Ebay before. If the link doesn't work it is auction number 7389940945. We understand the lacquer finish on a saxophone but this looks like a flat finish paint, kind of ugly looking if you ask me and we have never seen one like it. On some of the auctions there are sax's that are lacquered in various bright shiny colors and look pretty sharp but this is downright ugly, LOL. cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7389940945&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

That was a std finish and i think the buescher academy horns had it and it does look crap but you could buy it and strip it off Dave

Reply To Post

2. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

That was a std finish and i think the buescher academy horns had it and it does look crap but you could buy it and strip it off Dave

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

What looks like crap may sound like a dream--besides, it's rather unique. I don't have money to spend on any more horns for a while, or I'd bid on it myself.

Reply To Post

2. by selmer 4evr
          (309 posts)

18 years ago

I had one of these it used to be called "Candy Apple" no red it actually looks like a russett apple was made for marching band stuff "IT IS LOUSY " lasts a hell of a lot but don't try to hear listen for overtones or any edge it sounds dead NOT THE BEST BUNDY!!!!

Reply To Post

3. by sax_a_gogo
        (23 posts)

18 years ago

mmmm, looks like army paint

I've never seen one in person done in that finish, but i think I'd rather get a sax worn with the laquer worn off than look at that guy IMHO.

Reply To Post