Saxophone Forum

by MPH
(1 post)
18 years ago

Dating my Dolnet Alto Sax??

Hi there, I have a vintage Dolnet Alto Sax that has been in our family for a long while now. It was bought second hand in around 1962, and I have no idea at all how old it would actually be. All it says on the bell is "Dolnet Paris" with "Made in Paris" written underneath that. The serial # is 57521J. I would greatly appreciate any information that can shed some light on the age, quality and perhaps value of this saxophone. It is in good condition and has a rather dark brassy look to it, as opposed to the shinier and brighter sax's that seem to be more common. I used to play years ago briefly and have only just decided to pick it up again recently. Is this a good sax to learn on? Thanks in advance.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Dating my Dolnet Alto Sax??

Dolnets were professional level saxophones manufactured in France decades ago. I don't know the wereabouts of any serial # charts for it, but would say to have a good tech give it a look for any necessary adjustments and find an instructor.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Dating my Dolnet Alto Sax??

P.S, go to www.saxpics.com and look under the dolnet section for more information about these horns.

Reply To Post