Saxophone Forum

by emeiers
(5 posts)
18 years ago

Conn 10M Naked Lady. Serial# 320487 PLEASE HELP!

I have a friend that wants to buy a tenor sax from a high school. It is a Conn 10M Naked Lady. (1948-1950) i belive. Does anyone know about how much it would be worth. It needs new pads, some 8va key work, and basically and some work on the mechanical stuff. The guy that we were dealing with said it was worth more than what we thought it was. ($1300) Please let me know how much it would be worth. We dont know much about this stuff. Thank you very much! Hope all is well in the sax world!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Conn 10M Naked Lady. Serial# 320487 PLEASE HELP!

Well a 10M Naked Lady in good condition will normally fetch 1500-2200 on ebay. So you go from there. I don't know what they thought it was worth. Yes a 10 is a very good tenor. Only Selmers go for stupid amounts of money. Well for horns of that era. Some more modern horns also go for a good amount over 2000 also. Oh King Super 20s also go for a good amount, usally Silver.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Dave Dix
      (421 posts)

18 years ago

That one should be from 1947 with rolled tone holes and worth more then the non rolled tone hole version from 1948-50. Price really goes on condition so a look at ebay completed section would help you a lot Dave

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
        (396 posts)

18 years ago

Figure the approximate ammount you would have to spend to make the necessary repairs and deduct that from what you find as a value for the horn in good shape. This will give you an idea if you're getting a good deal. You can always pass on this one and find another in better shape if this one doesn't ring your chimes.

Reply To Post

2. by Radjammin
      (255 posts)

18 years ago

well 1947 does change alot. I guess I should have not assumed and also looked up the Serial number. See in 1948, the rolled tone holes were removed. I have them seen Tone Hole 10M's go for as much as 2500-2700. Now like someone said that for one that was in perfect condition. The only thing you have going for you is that you have a good base horn no matter what the damage to the horn is. If you can repair it for a resonable price, it's a nice find. Any dents? Sodder points? How bad is the "mechanical stuff". If you base question is weather this horn is fixing up, the Rolled tone holes make it more attractive. I don't know how your friend is paying for it, just make sure they have enough money to fix it up. A broken 10M is still a broken sax. Buy one that you can afford to have in working order.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

The prices quoted here are pretty accurate. A 10M Naked Lady with rolled tone holes in good condition will bring $2200-$2700; more if it is silver or gold plated. The 10M Naked Ladies from 1948-1955 without the rolled tone holes usually bring $1800-$2500. 1956-1959 Naked Ladies $1300-$1700. The later 10M's without the Naked Lady engraving usually bring $1100-$1500 depending on condition.

Reply To Post Yahoo!