18 years ago

Re: Who has now's the time by charlie parker

you mean song or sheet music? I have 7 bird recordings

Reply To Post

1. by klutzhead16
        (1 post)

18 years ago

does anyone know what key that song's in?

Reply To Post

1. by moose123
          (4 posts)

18 years ago

c concert

Reply To Post

2. by Lefty
          (21 posts)

18 years ago

Do you need to look inside your shorts where your mother wrote your name to know who you are? What's the matter with using your ears to figure out the melody, then learn it in 5 or 6 other keys? Did Parker go to his teacher and ask for the sheet music? Next thing someone will post asking if there is a vitamin therapy for improving improvisational abilities. Practice until you are pitted out to the waist, and don't have anything written down in front of you, except what your ear dictates. Then do it again tomorrow. Worked for Parker. Lefty

Reply To Post

3. by Sax Mom
          (964 posts)

18 years ago

Lefty, Not everyone is born with the gift of perfect pitch. Some of us need a little help, and this is one place to get it. With a little help now, maybe our friends can develop into great players who play by ear and can pick just about anything out of the air. We're not all there. Some of us never will be, but that doesn't mean you should slam anyone who asks for a little help. Does that sound enough like a mother? :)

Reply To Post

4. by jamterry
          (573 posts)

18 years ago

Try it in F or G. Sax Mom will you adopt me? I miss my mom. :) If you have a teacher , he or she should be able to walk you through that piece. My teacher used to let me have 10 minutes for learning stuff off the recordings. That was on the condition that I learned my regular lesson material Terry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

5. by kennyj
          (24 posts)

18 years ago

The original is in (concert key) F. By the way, it is a good thing that not everyone has perfect pitch. Those with perfect pitch tend to play a wee bit sharp. (no joke here) Being a wee bit sharp is the only way they can differentiate what they are playing to what their ear is telling them. That aside -- We do need tougher teachers. To rely on sheet music instead of our ears is a major problem I find in many clinics that I perform. It is not perfect pitch that they need, just training in hearing any pitch! For example, we're concerning ourselves here with someone who can't (or won't, more possibly) hear the simple melody of Now's The Time. This is distressing. ii-V-I kenny j
          kennyj

Reply To Post

6. by jing24
          (31 posts)

18 years ago

i mean does anybody have the sheet music for the song and can show me where it is on the internet or e-mail it to me

Reply To Post