Saxophone Forum

by mrs.mom
(2 posts)
18 years ago

vintage alto sax.

i have a vintage alto sax that belonged to a family member. it has been hanging on the wall at home for over 30 years. i am trying to find out info on this and so far no one knows to much about it. on the body it says pan american elkhart ind. usa. it is gold. i took it to my local music store and they didn't know anything about it. took it to pawn and this company was not listed in there book. i know it is older than 30 years. we are trying to find out about it's year and also it's value. we are considering fixing it up for the next generation. if you can tell me i would appreate it.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_a_gogo
    (23 posts)

18 years ago

Re: vintage alto sax.

Hi, I found this on a quick google search. Seems that they are not very valuable, but you should poke around the net a bit more. Unless it's a valuable collector's sax, it's usually not worth the expense to do serious overhaul. Maybe ask at saxworx. Good Luck! -------------

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
      (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: vintage alto sax.

Do I understand you to say you have a saxophone made out of ebony? Or were you talking about a clarinet?

Reply To Post

1. by sax_a_gogo
        (23 posts)

18 years ago

Re: pan american

Everything past the ------------- line in my post is from that web link. I don't have one, but it sounds like the fellow there does. either that, or he's confused and actually has a bass clarinet!

Reply To Post

1. by definition
          (963 posts)

18 years ago

Re: pan american

Im betting hes just confused and has a clarinet Pan American horns are inferior to the regular Conns, they sometimes just lack some of the special features or options available on the Conns. they are still very nice horns. They are modeled after the Conns of the same time period they were made, and made on the same line as the Conns

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM