Saxophone Forum

by saxy no. 4
(2 posts)
18 years ago

An Introduction

Hello, I'm a senior in high school who plays the alto saxophone. I'm excited to continue my playing in college, hopefully as a member of a jazz ensemble. I've considered minoring in music, but have not made any final decisions yet. I've taken private lessons myself, and my band director has recommended me as a teacher for elementary and Jr. High students. I have a good horn, a Yamaha professional, but I'm looking to save up and buy something else, probably a Selmer. My Yamaha seems to bend very easily, something I never noticed with my old Keilwerth. Has anyone else had trouble with soft, malleable metal on their horn? My keys just bend so easily, I have to be very delicate with it. More than once I've had to have my saxophone teacher or a repairman bend the keys back into their regular positions.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

18 years ago

Re: An Introduction

Welcome to the forum! Good luck in your college quest. Do you know where you're going? I'd not heard about Yamaha keys bending easily. Anyone else have that problem?

Reply To Post

1. by saxy no. 4
      (2 posts)

18 years ago

Re: An Introduction

Thanks, I'm going to either Ball State or Miami Oxford University. Perhaps it's not the fact that my horn is a Yamaha that it bends easily; I know it doesn't get the best handling, especially during summer marching band. But still, mine does seem to bend more easily than other members' in my section.

Reply To Post