Saxophone Forum

by littlegarrett
(11 posts)
18 years ago

RPC mouthpieces? for Tenor? Alto?

Anyone ever heard of RPC mouthpieces? for Tenor? Alto? What mpc's do they best compare to?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by juron001
    (1 post)

17 years ago

Re: RPC mouthpieces? for Tenor? Alto?

The RPC alto mouthpieces are great. They aren't really comparable to other mouthpieces because they have an interesting combination of a vintage meyer tip and body design but with a big chamber reminiscent of the old slant sigs. In any case, they are great mouthpieces and are definitely worth the money and the wait.

Reply To Post AIM

2. by CountSpatula
    (602 posts)

18 years ago

I've heard of them from a guy named Pete Thomas I believe... I assum these mouthpeices : www.saxmpc.com They got descriptions there...I've never played one because I dont think its worth the time + money. Supposedly you can call them and have them make a mpc how you want it.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by blackfrancis
      (396 posts)

18 years ago

I've never played one, but they have a good reputation.

Reply To Post

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

18 years ago

I believe you posted this same question on the saxontheweb and pete thomas replied he plays them and knows a lot.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by littlegarrett
          (11 posts)

18 years ago

sorry... I am not on SAXONTHEWEB.. YOU MUST HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE

Reply To Post AIM

2. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

Oh sorry, just that the questions were exactly identicle.

Reply To Post AIM

3. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

On both of the questions you asked too.

Reply To Post AIM

4. by littlegarrett
          (11 posts)

18 years ago

I'd like to see the threads... PLEASE direct me to them... The second question is kind of broad.... so i guess it would be possible seeing that people come through everyday asking for advice.

Reply To Post AIM

5. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

I really dont see the point of going through pages finding it because i was browsing last night not today. But back to the question about RPC You really can't compare them, All you do is go to the website and call him, and he asks you several questions on what kind of sound your looking for, etc. And he makes them, its not just some mouthpiece you buy off a shelf in the music store. Hes very well known and lots of great comments about him.

Reply To Post AIM

6. by littlegarrett
          (11 posts)

18 years ago

Cool... I went on his website before.. I was trying to see if anyone had played them before... I know over 250$ for a mouthpiece is alot... wanna be sure they are cool 1st by at least askin around... but then again i did see a part where he said he'll make you another one or refund you if you don't like it.

Reply To Post AIM

7. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

Yeah, the guy that makes them named Ron seems to be a very well-known, trustful, nice, know-what-hes-doing guy. But yeah they might not be the mouthpiece meant for you so you might have to return it.

Reply To Post AIM

8. by definition
          (963 posts)

18 years ago

The pieces are GREAT!! Ron is also great to deal with, very friendly etc. his mpcs are hard to compare to others, since he takes his basic design when he makes pieces and often customizes them for different players some, so they are all different. Only thing that I have noticed is that he sometimes take a VERY long time to fill an order.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

9. by CountSpatula
          (602 posts)

18 years ago

But I'm sure that its worth the wait? :)

Reply To Post AIM

10. by Mactenor
          (102 posts)

18 years ago

It is definitely worth the wait and the price is a bargain. Ron made for me a .125 Rollover baffle piece that is excellent, very big sound and easy to control for a larger tip opening piece. I use a La Voz medium soft tenor reed, a Lebayle wood ligature and it sounds super on all of my vintage tenors. Hope this helps. Best Regards Mactenor

Reply To Post