Saxophone Forum

by kelsey
(930 posts)
18 years ago

Hamilton sax stands

I have been useing Hamilton sax stands but I'm wondering if there are better stands around that I'm not aware of? The Hamilton folds into itself and will fit in a protec tenor case. I don't like having to take the flute peg off when I put the stand in the supplied carrying bag, but of course it won't go in the bag otherwise. When they break I use parts off previous stands to fix them. The one I'm useing now is a composite of two other stands that went bad. I would like something smaller, lighter, more sturdy ect.......Kelsey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by BVP623
    (6 posts)

17 years ago

Re: Hamilton sax stands

I just bought a new Hercules sax stand off of www.MusiciansFriend.com. It's great it comes with a detactible soprano peg. It's small and sturdy but I don't know if it fits in any cases. I would recomend this stand for you..........Rudy

Reply To Post

2. by The Insomniac Saxman
    (141 posts)

17 years ago

Kelsey, check out K&M's SAXXY line of saxophone stands. Not only are they lightweight, but they also fold up nice and compact in a velvet pouch and fit inside the bell of the horn. There are a lot of people who look at them and question how stable they are, but the truth is they are more stable then most of the stands out there (something to be said about German engineering). I've owned dozens of different saxophone stands over the past 25 years, and in my opinion, nothing comes close (SaxxRax are sturdy stands but don't pack up compact). Since K&M released this model, I swear by them . . . best of all, because they're lightweight, they don't augment the weight of my luggage by much when I have to fly for a gig . . .

Reply To Post

3. by Azsax
    (47 posts)

17 years ago

the hercules are excellent. prowinds sells many combinations. sturdy as hell. folds down nice, etc.

Reply To Post