Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Ligature??

I just switched up from my YAS-52 to a Selmer Serie II. I'm very happy with the sound, it's alot darker than the 52. I have a…

19 years ago
by InstantLunch (30 posts)

Help with altissimo

I play jazz with a Meyer 6M, stock ligature, and La Voz med reeds. I'd really like to be able to play altissimo notes for som…

19 years ago
by mintyfreshjam (48 posts)

PLAYING OVERTONES ON SAXOPHONE

i woukd like to know how to play overtones on saxophone, any info will be much appreciated, thancks, david

19 years ago
by spottspidermunki (55 posts)

Yamaha YTS-62II Tenor - Silver

I thought I ask for opinions on the Yamaha YTS-62II tenor. I ordered it in silver. I wanted a nice horn but couldn't afford a…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

LEFT HANDED Saxophone

Need a good laugh.Check out Ebay listing 3755156335.We have a LEFT HANDED Saxophone for sale.Unbelievable!

19 years ago
by martysax (148 posts)

old german sax

i've got an old tenor sax, but no clue of what it could be. it has some engraving on the bell, the neck has a serial # that m…

19 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

vandoren select reeds?

hey guys, i was wonderin if any o' yous guys had played VanDoren Premium Select bluebox reeds, or whatever they're called. u…

19 years ago
by fenchurch502 (4 posts)

I really need peoples opinions on sax mutes!

i am about to buy a sax mute, but before i by i'd like some other peoples opinions

19 years ago

Composer info

I need information (dates, program notes material) for Ryo Noda's Improvisation I and the DiPasquale Sonata for tenor. Can an…

19 years ago

Cannonball

Hey there's a relatively new brand of saxophone out now manufactured here in the United States called Cannonball. (Affiliatio…

19 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

What is it??

hey guys, can anyone tell me what model of Selmer USA is in this website?: 4 replies by El_Saxofon (1 post) 19 years ago

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

While we are on the subject of contrabass...

Can we account for all 17 of the original ones left? Sigurd rascher had one - I think carina has it now Paul cohen has one…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

*dies* What do I do?! ARG!!!!

I have my first gig with a serious jazz band this Thursday. We're playing at some steakhouse place, and I think I'll be the o…

19 years ago
by Saxman2200 (64 posts)

Anyone around the anaheim area?

This spring, I will be competeing with my band in a competition in anaheim. is there anyone here from that general area? High…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Blueeyes838

hey blueeyes ya there?

19 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

Dark Reeds

I play alto sax with a Custom Z and currently a Meyer 6M (which I'm quite satisfied with). I've been hunting for that perfect…

19 years ago
by saxgrobie (86 posts)

Mouthpiecea, where to start.

I'm looking to pick the tenor back up after 10 years. I want to get a decent metal and hard rubber mouthpiece. The metal is t…

19 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Saxophones.co.uk

have you heard of them? are they any good? thanks!

19 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

I just need to get better

im tired of this.. to me this is happening to me just like my golf game is.. 1st, your a beginner and ur still learning / b…

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

how much is my Buescher aristocrat worth?

I have a Buescher Aristocrat serial number 538xxx - i can't find this number listed anywhere it has a small dent in the bell…

19 years ago
by saxismyaxe (575 posts)

Professional Straight Alto Saxophones

I`ve recently been looking at a professional straight alto saxophone and I was wondering if anyone has ever played on one or…

19 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Can't make up my mind.

I have been wanting to learn the saxophone for a while now. From everything I read I cant decied what to get, either an alto…

19 years ago
by Armstrong Alto! (19 posts)

Tenor mouthpiece on C melody?

Hey dudes, I was wonderin, do the C melody saxes have thir own mouthpiece, or can you play it with a regular tenor mouthpiece…

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

subcontrabass saxophone?

i heard about how adolphe sax had plans to build a bourdon saxophone which would be a subcontrabass, but he never made one. h…

19 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Out of breath!

This november i'm auditoning for a district concert band (all the people with the highest scores get into the state ensemble)…

19 years ago
by Armstrong Alto! (19 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).