Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

looking for good tenor for good price

I have been playing for 5 years and need a good all around sax. My price range is 700-1500. I am looking at the jupiter 889,…

20 years ago
by PIP (29 posts)

I need a new sax!

I have a really cheap saxophone (beginner alpine), and my conductor said I need to buy a really good pro horn. What websites…

20 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

New Tenor Sax

I need a new tenor, in the 1000-2000 Range, (preferably 1500) This sax is the one that's probably going to last me most of my…

20 years ago
by navyblueTENOR (10 posts)

Low C Gurgle on Reference 54 Alto

Has anyone heard of a problem like this on the Reference? I was going to reward myself for Christmas with this horn but it se…

20 years ago
by semipro (17 posts)

Sibelius vs. Finale

I've heard so much about which music notation software is the best. But is it really worth $300 dollars. Well let me re-phras…

20 years ago
by peter090 (155 posts)

New Student- Which Sax

Okay, I've been advised about The "new" cheap e-bay purchases but my 11 year old daughter(and myself) have taken to this new…

20 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

Info on King Model 662 tenor?

Does anyone know particulars about this model tenor? Any info would be appreciated? Thanks.

20 years ago
by ragtop-rt (1 post)

Model 26 Selmer Sax

Someone has offered to trade a silver Model 26 Alto for my Conn Sn. C Melody. I don't really know the value of the horn- it'l…

20 years ago
by natecox (6 posts)

Fustrations!

Hey dudes, I'm lately geting really fustrated and it's really bad. It's worst than before, I used to get fustrated like once…

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Used Alto for a beginner

I am looking for a used alto sax for my son, who has not played anything yet other than a recorder. He is interested in the s…

20 years ago

Hello my name is Dr.Keilwerth

I am the best saxophone on the market. I am the new Conn better than any other previous model Conn. I have the best sound in…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

Sax Query

Hi I'm new to this forum and i would like to learn more about the sax. I am contemplating getting a sax and undertaking less…

20 years ago
by Sonny Rollins (2 posts)

Taxes

Any rules of thumb for determining if you can write off your sax gear as a deduction? I suppose it would mean I have to star…

20 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Played a reference alto today

I was talking to the boss today and he got the clue that I have sax fever once I talked about how after seeing his bass that…

20 years ago
by semipro (17 posts)

Cd or Book

is there any way in purchasing a CD or Book on all the saxophones on this site. please let me know asap

20 years ago
by permanize (5 posts)

Have a question about selmer mouthpieces.

Hi, Im going to start on playing classical now. So I was planning on getting a selmer S 80, but I have a question. Is the E f…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Rico Metalite for soprano?

Hey, I was wondering if someone out there has a metalite for soprano. Or if you know where to get one. If so, please reply. I…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

Colleges with good music programs

HI, I can't seem to have enough questions. I've skimmed through the rest of the forums and I can't seem to find this question…

20 years ago
by wesmiller (55 posts)

Rovner Eddie Daniels ligature setup

I have bought a rovner eddie daniels ligature for my jupiter artist series tenor. I use a selmer C* mouthpiece. This ligature…

20 years ago
by saxguy9345 (21 posts)

Aquiring that Take Five sound

Is it just me or does the sax(tenor I presume) in Drubeck's Take Five have an out of the ordanary funky whining sound? I pla…

20 years ago
by saxguy9345 (21 posts)

Soprano Sax

I am going to purchase a soprano (most likely not vintage) in the near future to play some jazz solos in my high school band,…

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Limited Edition Reference 54's

I recently put a deposit on a reference 54 tenor in the dark lacqour finish only to find out it is going to look like the ref…

20 years ago

saxophone brands

does any one have a complete list of all sax brand names NEW and OLD. or were i can find this info at. Thanks

20 years ago
by permanize (5 posts)

Question??? low pitch horn

what is the difference between a horn designated as low pitch and a regular horn???

20 years ago

how do i bend a note?

hi... ive heard that clarinet's almost like saxophone since both uses reeds and the fingering's are almost alike... ive heard…

20 years ago
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).