Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Pre gig nerves

So how do people overcome nerves and being scared/anxious on stage before and during a gig? (other than play out for people a…

20 years ago
by spottspidermunki (55 posts)

Dave Guardala

What happened to his company, seems like alot of stores are dumping his horns.

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Selmer Paris II and III

If the chance came up would you switch your selmer SA-80 alto for a Series III alto? Whats the difference in sound cause acco…

20 years ago

Suggestions, please, for Marching Band Tenor

I'm the mother of a college student who plays his "good" tenor (Series III) in his college jazz band and concert band. He nee…

20 years ago

high g fingering

hey! im going to move from a alto sax to a soprano sax. an alto sax can play up to high f# but a soprano can play up to high…

20 years ago
by wesmiller (55 posts)

problem with practicing in your home

has anyone encountered complains from your neighbours while practicing? its weird that i dont recieve any since i live in pri…

20 years ago

what can i do to help my problem with me and my saxaphone?

Hi there, i just got a new student model saxaphone. It can play quite well but i can't stop myself from pushing (water) out o…

20 years ago
by wesmiller (55 posts)

Sax in Punk.

Yes, absurd, yet amazing. I've been in that old punk mood, and upon discovering the X-Ray Specs, I was wondering. Would an Al…

20 years ago

Deciding between lacquers

Ok sorry to bother u guys about this subject again but its for a good cause. Ive been thinking of trading my sax SA-80 for an…

20 years ago

Issues with people with issues about cannonballs

Dear anyone who actually decides to stop and read this. I've toured around these posts and every time something comes up abou…

20 years ago
by golferguy675 (600 posts)

Recital tips

I've got kind of a weird problem. Primarily I play jazz sax so I don't frequent classical venues or performances too much. I…

20 years ago
by saxmaniac (19 posts)

Yamaha YAS62 II w/ G1 neck compared to Yana A901

I am looking to purchase an Alto Sax for my son - intermediate player. I am torn between Yani 901 and YAS 62 II. Has anyone t…

20 years ago
by Kool Monk (5 posts)

Armstrong Alto And Yamaha YAS-21, which is better? pls help!!!!!

hmm.... i have no idea bout armstrong saxes... but i heard tat 21 is as good as 23.... so.... i cant make up my mind... and a…

20 years ago
by saxmaniac (19 posts)

One-Piece Straight Sop V.S. Removable Neck Straight Sops

hi, i remembered reading a really long time ago that there were various subtle differences between a one-piece straight sop w…

20 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Sax Trade

I currently have a super action 80 serie II with me and I love it. Recently ive been offered a chance to get a new alto the s…

20 years ago
by frostshardz (23 posts)

SA80 Series 11 question

I recently purchased a SA80 series 11. It had been in a closet for almost 10 years (it's about 12 years old). It plays great…

20 years ago

wad do you guyz think bout keilwerth ex-90?

hey guyz... im planning to buy a keilwerth alto sax ex 90. anyone have any comments on it? as you see im only a student and t…

20 years ago

sheet music

Can anybody give me an advice where cam I get free (downloadable) sheet music on internet? Excuse my englisch:-)

20 years ago
by adrien (1 post)

whats what in the equipment department?

Well, I'm now a sophmore in high school and ive played concert sax and jazz, but now the band im in does jazz. Ive played alt…

20 years ago

teeth problems

anyone out there have problems with your teeth moving on you over time? I've found this movement to be quite detrimental to m…

20 years ago

Considering a Selmer Alto, any suggestions

Hi there fellow sax fans, I am a high school student who has been playing the alto for 3 years and and quite overwhelmed by…

20 years ago
by frostshardz (23 posts)

Which is better for music, Ball State, IN or University of Indiana

I'm a skilled alto sax player in high school and setting my carrer path. I'm taking lessions from a professor at IPFW so i'm…

20 years ago

Series III Silver replate/engraving question

I bought a silver plate Selmer Paris Serie III saxophone 3 years ago. I bought the sax without the engraving, as there was a…

20 years ago
by SelmerParisPassion (59 posts)

KING MASTER- ASKING ID INFO- POSTED AGES AGO

WELL, ALL I WANTED IS A BIT OF INFO, BUR ALL I RECEIVED WAS MY OWN AIR. WITH ALL THE CHIT CHAT ON THIS PAGE, THEIR MUST BE ON…

20 years ago
by ALPHA (1 post)

Neck Problems

I am currently not able to play for a few months which is killing me. I believe I am having a neck problem and as a result am…

20 years ago
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).