Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

Bari Sax circa 1930's-1940's

Does anyone have info about this Sax. It was my uncles. Made in Elkhart, Indiana. Inscription on the front it BARONET. Brass,…

20 years ago
by Spunky2sax75 (75 posts)

Refinishing vintage horns

I have a Selmer Mark 6 (circa 1966) that I'm considering having refinished due to sever lacquer wear. Any thoughts on the pro…

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

Between these four brands for Tenor Sax (Maxtone, Monique, Helmke, & L.A.) which is best?

Between these four brands (Maxtone, Monique, Helmke, & L.A.) which is best?I cant afford an expensive sax but I heard these s…

20 years ago
by SelmerParisPassion (59 posts)

info on Keilwerth's SX90II

hi.. i want to know if keilwerth's sx90ll have any engravings on its bell and whether the sound is suitable for jazz. i also…

20 years ago
by FISHERMAN (31 posts)

LEAKS ON THE TENOR

I JUST PUT RUNYON PAD SAVER ON MY PADS AND FOR SOME REASON I HAVE PROBLEMS GOING FROM A D TWO LINES ABOVE THE SCALE TO A G I…

20 years ago
by cavefish (20 posts)

IS RUNYUN PAD SAVER(DOPE) WORTH IT

DOES IT REALLY HELP YOU PADS OR DOES IT WIMP THEM OUT

20 years ago
by cavefish (20 posts)

PROBLEMS WITH ALTISSIMO NOTES WITH RUBBER MP,s

IS IT HARD TO HIT ALTISSIMO NOTES WITH RUBBER MP or what give me some finger positions

20 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

Ben Davis Vocaltone mouthpiece

anyone know anything about these metal mouthpieces? I think there's some link with Selmer UK, and I'm trying to find a ligatu…

20 years ago

Anybody out there getting really frustrated?

Anybody getting frustrated with their playing? I am. I dont know wether i am critisizing myself too hard or im getting worse,…

20 years ago
by Keith Crandal (3 posts)

Selmer "artist"

does anybody know anything about the selmer "artist series and are they only good. {tenor}

20 years ago
by briantroyano (16 posts)

Yanagisawa A8833 Rare, no info, no one knows?

Well as the topic says is it rare? No one knows about this sax and it would seem as though it doesnt even exist? Does that ex…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Elvin Jones news...

I just heard that Elvin Jones passed away yesterday. I understand that he isn't a horn player, but he played w/ many great sa…

20 years ago
by coultsax (3 posts)

Where's the saxman?

Has anybody noticed saxman hasn't posted for like a month? Surely someone with "that many posts" wouldn't just leave....hmmm.…

20 years ago
by chiamac (586 posts)

whats the skinny on MEYER G series MPs

are they any good

20 years ago
by cavefish (20 posts)

whats the skinny on vandoren optimum ligatures

are they any good and what size fits rubber MP,s

20 years ago
by cavefish (20 posts)

kessler saxophones

i'm interested in picking up tenor sax this summer. i'm extremely interested in C.R. Kessler large bell saxophones. has anyon…

20 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

tenor MEYER 5m mouthpiece problems

i just bought a meyer mp 5m no matter what i do or what reed i use it still sqeeks and chirps whats going on i have been usin…

20 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)

Anyone want a 10M?

I've found an SBA to replace my trusty 10M. If you're interested, check out SaxQuest's trading post. I'm getting the SBA for…

20 years ago

MARK VI NECK

does anyone notice that some of the mark VI necks dont have the serial # stamped on it? does this mean that its not the origi…

20 years ago
by yoyo (17 posts)

Francois Louis Reeds

Does anyone know anything about the new Francois Louis Reeds? Has anyone tried them? I saw they in an online catelog for $38,…

20 years ago
by silversax440 (29 posts)

case for king super 20

I have a king super 20 alto saxophone that is in desperate need of a case. I don't know where I can find one that will fit it…

20 years ago
by FISHERMAN (31 posts)

Help with my buescher true tone!! please!!

Hi everyone! I have a little problem; my True tone is not tuning well. The middle B tunes very high and the octave B tunes ve…

20 years ago
by Hexaclon (90 posts)

siguard rachers top tones for sax study book

can you still hit altissimo notes without a F# key, i dont have this key will this book still benefit me

20 years ago
by phathorn (165 posts)

Altissimo Note Help!!!

i've been playing a couple of years now, and am wanting to explore the "wonderful world of altissimo" but don't know exactly…

20 years ago
by kysax (3 posts)

converting lackered saxes to silver plate

my bari is an selmer sa-80 and the lacker is so nasty and really needs to be relackerd but i was wanting to know if you can s…

20 years ago
by SaxMan (559 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).