Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

GENERIC TONE, EMBOUCHURE,AIR, INTONATION THREAD!

this can be about any questions you have im starting this because like always im very pissed off at my saxophone when doing…

19 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

Royal Artist C Melody sax

hello, I just got a silver C Melody saxophone made by Royal Artist. I wanted some information on when the saxophone was made.…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

Soprano tone

I've recently bought a soprano to expand my horizons from that of alto alone. However, I'm beginning to realize that I have n…

19 years ago
by *ThE SaX* (8 posts)

Bandnow Tenor Sax: anyone has tried it?

I noticed music123 sells a tenor sax, branded as "Bandnow" for as little as 349$. That sounds scary enough, however I wonder…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

Help! Used Selmer Alto going for peanuts!

Hi. I am a total newbie that seriously want to learn how to play the sax, both alto and tenor. My local pawn shop has a shiny…

19 years ago
by nectarios (20 posts)

Squeaky Reeds

I own a Yamaha YTS-62 tenor and I'm using the 4C mouthpiec it came with. I've been using La Voz Medium Soft reeds, which get…

19 years ago
by ebert (18 posts)

Need help to get started.

Hi, I'm new here so please be gentle, I'm 47 yrs old no experience an want to learn to play the sax ( wanted to for years).My…

19 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

Selmer series 1 and 2

Has anyone tried the selmer series 1 and two what is the difference?

19 years ago
by Augman (29 posts)

Selmer series 1 and 2

What is the difference between the series 1 and two . Between these two and a yani which do you think is the easiest playing…

19 years ago
by sax_maniac (984 posts)

alto and tenor

Ive always wondered . Is it bad for your ear to play alto and tenor because the fingerings have different values? Is thi…

19 years ago

Anyone Know about These Bli Nikole Saxes on Ebay from Seattle?

I'm just starting out and was looking for a Yamaha YAS 23, but came across this Bli ad on ebay. I can't find anything on the…

19 years ago
by stunningbluemango (2 posts)

Alto or Tenor ?

I love the sound of the sax, i play the clarinet and am going to buy a sax and learn that ... I am just not sure which I shou…

19 years ago
by mj_sax (7 posts)

YAMAHA Allegro YTS-575

I noticed on Ebay a tempting Allegro YTS-575 with G1 neck. Looks almost new, the seller states it's much better than the YTS-…

19 years ago
by aravaioli (24 posts)

Yamaha's no F# and laquerless?

Hey, I was just checking out the price on some Z series tenors for yamaha, and they now come with the option of having no F#…

19 years ago
by Frostmonkey (1 post)

Alto reeds for jazz

I'm 17, and I've been using Vandoren reeds pretty much my whole sax career. I'm just not liking them anymore. I've played on…

19 years ago
by phathorn (165 posts)

Need some more help..

this is sort of building upon my previous post.. i need better tone.. im happy with my setup i know that i can get a good so…

19 years ago
by phathorn (165 posts)

Help me choose: Antigua, Prelude by Selmer or Jupiter?

Hi there Can anybody of you help me choosing the right sax? I was considering buying locally (Montreal, Canada) a new tenor s…

19 years ago

Selmer AS700, did I buy a dud?

I loved the way it sounded with my mouthpiece (a meyer 6), but I'm afraid I didn't research very well. I might have overpayed…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Reed help

Lately I've been buying boxes of Vandoren ZZ size 3 alto sax reeds, but they've ended up playing like crap (with the exceptio…

19 years ago
by karebear1012 (395 posts)

for those of you that think a pure silver sax would be expensive...

check out gold (18k rose) and Platinum flutes... www.burk…

19 years ago
by johnsonfromwisconsin (767 posts)

Keilwerth ST90

I see this on interstatemusic.com for $981. Any oppinions for a beginner Sax? From what I see Keilwerth is one of the bette…

19 years ago
by Tenor_Guru (25 posts)

Brand Name oppinions please

Went out to look at a few used Sax's today. One place that said they had some Yamaha's didnt have any but a Bundy 2 for $800.…

19 years ago
by Tenor_Guru (25 posts)

Wexler Soprano

Anybody have any comments on Wexler and other small time sax makers?

19 years ago
by Tenor_Guru (25 posts)

jazz band

I've been think about starting a jazz band what instruments are usually needed in one thx

19 years ago
by kam30 (9 posts)

New Saxophone Needed

My saxophone was stolen today. It was an old Selmer Super 80 customized by Emilio Lyons. Not the best horn ever, but I've bee…

19 years ago
by Jazzpath (19 posts)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).