Saxophone Forum

General Discussions

Questions & thoughts about playing, buying, and loving saxophones...

Create A New Discussion Discssion Thread Last Post

metal mouthpice, brilhart

i have metal, designed by arnold brilhart, printed on it ser. no042877 / 5star, it has orig. cap and lig. can anyone help me…

19 years ago
by kneejerk52 (397 posts)

Milwaukee 720 Black Nickel & Gold Alto Saxophone

Im buying it off e-bay at about 800 USD... I think it is a nice sax.. brand new and college approved. I'm fond of the finish-…

19 years ago
by jlb (8 posts)

Sopranos - Mark VI vs. Series III

Any opinions on which is "better"? (I realize it is a very subjective question.) The re-design of the spatula keys on the Ser…

19 years ago
by connsaxman_jim (2336 posts)

"if i could"

anyone heard of this song?? know who wrote it?? where i can get the music for it?? its like a 9 minute sax solo.

19 years ago
by YanagisawA-901 (312 posts)

Old times

hey, this is a post to all you guys(and galls... i'm lookin' at you, robin^_^) how's everybody doing? had any cool gigs? let…

19 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Keilwerth SX-90-Tenor

Hey guys, I've been without a tenor axe for awhile since my Gaurdala black nickel was pulverized by something heavy falling o…

19 years ago
by Spike (248 posts)

Help for keys on LA soprano 110

I'm an old tenor player who thought a soprano would be cool. OK it's a whole differnet ballgame, but so far my tone is improv…

19 years ago
by nutleymg (1 post)

Alto Mouthpiece Review

Hey guys, lets start a mouithpiece review... say what it is, how it worked for you, and your overall opinion.

19 years ago
by bronzemonkey992 (22 posts)

Keilwerth tone rings

I'm new to the tenor--been taking lessons for two months with an excellent and encouraging teacher, playing a rented Vito, an…

19 years ago
by ebert (18 posts)

College auditions; what to do?

I am auditioning at a great University in my state on Alto. I am wondering what I can play that will give me the greatest cha…

19 years ago
by jromain (20 posts)

Yamaha YTS-61... any feedback?

I have been trying to find information on the Yamaha YTS-61, but i am having some trouble locating any. One of my buddies has…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

Conn 28M

How does the sound/action of a Conn 28M compare to a Conn 6M. I am curious as to why no one ever seems to have any comment on…

19 years ago

I have a problem...I can't play high notes on my saxophone.

I can't play a high F or E on my sax. What's the matter, and how can I fix it?

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

Vintage Selmer Tenor scam

wanted to alert everyone, there was a recent scam on ebay involving the listing of a 1940's Selmer Tenor. Not sure whether y…

19 years ago
by s9ast (8 posts)

New Sax

Hey guys. I just bought a sax for my fiancee for Christmas (kinda early, I know, but I was getting it off of e-bay and wanted…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

Bundy II

I am purchasing a practically new never played Bundy II. I am a beginner-intermediate player and do not have the budget for a…

19 years ago
by sax_braswell (22 posts)

Scales?? Better?? help!

ok this is probably the most redundant and dumba** post ever but all well.. i keep on telling myself "oo im gonna practice,…

19 years ago
by barimachine (323 posts)

Series III Bari Sax

I remember reading somewhere that the Selmer Paris Series III Bari sax is coming out in the fall/winter 2005. Any word on thi…

19 years ago
by tenor562 (297 posts)

Need a Bari

I need a reliable sax that is not too costly... Anyone have any ideas?

19 years ago
by jlb (8 posts)

Old photos of musicians

I am trying to track down old photos of musicians. Nothing after 1940's. I want pictures of "everyday" people, not "celebriti…

19 years ago
by jlb (8 posts)

Straight Baritone Saxophone for sale/ in production.

I was recently at the NAMM show in Anaheim and, after a bit of persuasion the LA Sax company is considering the idea of build…

19 years ago
by definition (963 posts)

some questions that have probably already been answered

ok, first, wheres a site that gives some altissimo fingerings for bari? second, how do u growl on bari. and third, would a 4.…

19 years ago
by barisaxiguy (50 posts)

mouthpieces

I just got a Selmer Knock off Alto, it came with a S 80 C+ and a Metal mpc,I like the sound of the metal but it is hard to pl…

19 years ago
by henry.riley (2 posts)

Yamaha 23

A local music store has a couple of these for about $830 each. I havent looked at them yet. There suppose to be in ex condit…

19 years ago

Powerbeat tenor

Hi. Possibly in a moment of weakness, I bought a Powerbeat sax. Its a pretty basic beast - I'd guess about 20 year old - does…

19 years ago
by TonyM (1 post)
Jump to Page  of 119 page(s).